Presented by Chef Clark Barlowe, Heirloom Restaurant
5oz Veal Tenderloin
2oz Chanterelle Mushrooms
1 Cup Heirloom Potatoes (diced and blanched)
1T Fresh Chopped Herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano, etc.)
1/2 Cup Fava Beans
4 Each Heirloom Tomatoes
1T Veal Reduction
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2T Olive Oil
Method of Preparation:
1. Season veal with salt and pepper. Begin roasting veal steak in olive oil and butter blend. Medium high heat. Cook approx 4 minutes each side and allow to rest.
2. Pan roast potatoes and chanterelles in butter, season with salt and pepper add fava beans and fresh herbs and continue roasting.
3. Slice and plate heirloom tomatoes after seasoning with salt.
4. Plate potato mixture in the center of the plate. Place tomato slices around.
5. Slice veal and serve atop potatoes.
6. Garnish with veal reduction and micro sorrel.
7. All ingredients available from Charlotte Regional Farmers Market, Atherton Market, and Kings Drive Market.