Charges dropped against man in 2 Greenville deaths - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Charges dropped against man in 2 Greenville deaths

Posted: Updated:

GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) - Charges have been dropped against a Greenville man accused of killing two men in 2012.

Prosecutor Walt Wilkins says charged were dismissed Wednesday against Lawrence Roy Campbell.

Sixty-nine-year-old Ben Anders and 42-year-old Benn Lee Anders were found shot to death in a road nearly two years ago.

Campbell had been charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

Wilkins said a judge blocked a statement from the only eyewitness to the shootings as well as the testimony of an investigator.

Defense attorneys have said Campbell fired when the Anders threatened him.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow