Family of four escapes early morning fire

Four adults displaced by early morning fire

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - The Charlotte Fire Department responded to a house fire at about 2:00 Saturday morning on Astoria Drive. Fire officials say two adults and two children had to be rescued, but they should all be okay.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a candle left unattended. Property damage is estimated at about $30,000.

The family's pet dog died in the fire.

A family of seven people has been displaced. The Red Cross is assisting them with temporary housing.

Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved.