Toddler being treated for smoke inhalation after apartment fire - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Toddler being treated for smoke inhalation after apartment fire in Salisbury

Posted: Updated:
SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) -

A toddler was rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning after emergency crews say she inhaled smoke during an apartment fire.

The fire was reported at the Clancy Hills apartments on the 100 block of Clancy Street in Salisbury.

Rowan County EMS took the 18-month-old girl to Novant Health-Rowan where she was later transferred to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.

Salisbury Police say the fire started in the kitchen of an apartment in the 112 building.

Charges are pending for felony child abuse for the mother.

Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow