CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - We use them to surf the internet, catch up on our Twitter feeds, and text our friends and family. However, our smart phones can do all kinds of things and have uses we probably haven't even tapped yet.
We asked our Cyber Expert Theresa Payton to share with us five things our phones can do. Her thoughts follow:
5 FUN THINGS YOUR PHONE CAN DO
1. Create a mobile hotspot: You can turn your smartphone into a mobile hotspot that creates a Wi-Fi personal cloud! Go to your device's settings menu and create a WiFi title (don't use your name so you protect your identity because others will see your hotspot!) and password. Now your surfing and you can avoid prying eyes on free WiFi!
2. Name that tune! Hearing a song and you want to name that tune? There's an app for that - try Shazam or SoundHound.
3. Important fax to send? Need to sign a doc before you send it? No problem. You can sign, fax and scan! Try apps like JotNot, HelloSign, TurboScan and CamScanner.
4. Picture Perfect: You can create a panoramic picture using just your camera. Try an app like Pic Stitch.
5. Sending a Postcard: Want to send a special someone a postcard but no time to dash to the post office? No worries, try Postcard on the run, to send your favorite snapshot in a postcard
Always remember to check the privacy settings on your phone and apps before you use them to protect your security and privacy!