The N Charlotte Toyota RAV4 is definitely a popular pick among drivers. With its sporty style and amazing versatility, this compact crossover SUV is like no other. Not many vehicles have the bragging rights of creating a whole new segment in the automotive market, like this new Toyota! That's right, the Toyota RAV4 in N Charlotte single handedly created a niche market for SUVs, as it was the first compact crossover SUV in the world! Since it was introduced more than 20 years ago, it has made a name for itself and paved the way for others to come!
With so many years under its belt, the N Charlotte Toyota RAV4 has quite an interesting history. Since we always have Toyota on our mind, we're always fascinated to see where our new Toyota in N Charlotte started. This is why we're delving into the history of the Toyota RAV4.
- This new Toyota took off running as soon as was released in Japan in 1994; however, not many people believed a small SUV would make it in the competitive automotive market – not even Toyota! Toyota predicted low sales for the first year, but had to double its production to keep up with demand!
- It continued its success when it entered the U.S. market in 1996. In a period of time when large SUVs were booming, it gave drivers the style and utility of an SUV, while offering a more practical size and better fuel efficiency. Back then, it was available in a two- and four-door option and featured a 2.0L engine with all-wheel drive!
- The second generation was introduced in 2001 and was completely redesigned with a larger body and engine! This new Toyota was more versatile with the space it offered and ready for adventure with its 2.5L four-cylinder engine!
- By the third generation in 2005, the two-door model was thrown out and this new Toyota was only available with four doors. Once again, it increased in size and the performance was enhanced with the addition of a V6 engine option.
- In 2012, the Toyota RAV4 EV was introduced. This new Toyota was created in a combined effort between Telsa and Toyota to create an all-electric version of this compact SUV. It continues to make its way up in this niche market to this day!
In 2013, this new Toyota entered its fourth generation with a bang! It was completely redesigned with a sleek and sporty style, enhanced performance and tons of high-tech features! Now, the 2014 Toyota RAV4 in N Charlotte continues to gain popularity amongst drivers and receive positive praise. It has even won awards like Best Resale Value by KBB.com and was named an IIHS Top Safety Pick!
Want to know more? Take a test drive at Toyota of N Charlotte. We're located at 13429 Statesville Rd. in Huntersville. Schedule an appointment to meet with a Sales Specialist by calling (888) 883-3797. We look forward to hearing from you!