CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Chef Jack Acheson
The Round Bistro, Gastonia
10 Minute Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
1/2 red onion, sliced in half moons
1 link Andouille sausage, sliced
2 cups cooked rice
8 tiger shark shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 chicken breast, diced
1 cup marinara sauce
2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
1/2 cup white wine
1. Sautee peppers and onion until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Add sausage to pan and sear rendering out the fat.
3. Add chicken and cook through.
4. Return peppers and onion, season with cajun seasoning.
5. Pour in marinara and bring to simmer.
6. Add rice and toss to coat all ingredients with marinara.
7. Serve in large soup bowl. Garnish with parsley.