Matthews hotel evacuated after fire in room - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Matthews hotel evacuated after fire in room

Posted: Updated:
MATTHEWS, NC (WBTV) -

Charlotte firefighters were called to a Matthews hotel after a fire sparked in a room on the hotel's second floor.

According to firefighters, the fire sparked at the Holiday Inn Express along the 9400 block of East Independence Boulevard on Thursday evening. 

They responded to calls of heavy smoke coming from a room.

Matthews officials say the fire was contained to one room on the second floor and has been extinguished.
 
The hotel was evacuated but there were no injuries.

Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow