Presented by Makenzie Law, Johnson & Wales University
Heavy cream 16 oz
Dark chocolate 12 oz
Granulated sugar 9 oz
Egg whites 5 oz
Egg yolks 4 oz
1. Whip heavy cream to medium peaks.
2. Melt chocolate over a water bath or double boiler.
3. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Gradually add half of the sugar; whip to medium peak.
4. Heat egg yolks and remaining sugar over a water bath or double boiler, stiffing constantly to prevent overheating. Heat yolks to 145 degrees or until sugar has completely dissolved.
5. Using a whisk, lightly mix chocolate into whipped egg yolks.
6. Fold whipped egg whites into chocolate and yolk mixture.
7. Fold whipped cream into chocolate and egg mixture. Do not overfold.