CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - With warmer weather finally in the forecast, it's the perfect time to get back on your bike. But after hibernating all winter, you might find yourself a little rusty.
Yusuf Boyd, owner of BIOMechaniks and certified athletic trainer, visits WBTV to offer some tips on how to achieve success in the saddle through proper bike fit and the way you ride your bike.
- Riding a properly fitted bike increases efficiency, prevents injury and ensures the most comfortable ride possible. It's not a one-time thing: proper fit changes as an athlete's fitness level improves.
- Your body is always evolving and so does the way you ride a bike.
- This is the time of year to make those changes or just confirm that you are still in the optimal position to have your best season. It might sound odd, but riding a bike is different from sitting on a bike, and your cycle needs to be fitted to reflect that.
- Among the factors in finding the correct fit: frame size, seat height, handlebar height, distance between pedals and saddle (seat), knee and hip angles and style of saddle among other factors.
- If you're riding a bike that is improperly fitted you maybe experiencing pain in your back, knees or neck. You may feel like you're fighting your bike rather than using it as a tool.
BIOMechaniks is among an elite group of certified bike fitters across the country using the Retül 3D motion-capture system, the most accurate and comprehensive tool for bicycle fit in the world that provides fits tailored to each individual's needs.
For more information: www.biomechaniks.com