CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - If you have a serious sweet tooth, do we have a festival that is right up your alley.
It is the annual Sweet Tooth Festival, held this year at the Omni Hotel in Charlotte on March 23rd from 2pm-5pm.
Tickets are $30 and include plenty of sampling. All proceeds from the event go to RAIN or the Regional AIDS Interfaith Network.
Ahead of the festival, the staff at Whitney B's Cupcakes and Catering shared a couple of recipes so you can make some treats at home.
Lollipop Cookie Pops
your favorite sugar cookie recipe
Americolor food colorings in royal blue (or sky blue), super red, and bright white
a silicone mat to work on
1. Make your favorite sugar cookie dough and separate into 2 equal parts
2. Color 1 bath pink ( or your favorite color) and 1 batch turquoise using Wilton or gel colors.
3.Pinch off about a 1 inch piece from pink and roll into a 2 inch log between your hands repeat with 2nd color.
4. Align both logs together and Start, with one hand, to roll the dough into a snake.
5. Roll out a 12-15 inch snake then begin to twist to show the twirl effect .
6. Begin to roll into a spiral by starting at the bottom and coil up into the signature lollipop spiral.
7. Insert lollipop or cake-pop stick and bake following your favorite cookie recipe's directions.
3 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for pans
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• White icing
• 1 cup of colored icing ( any color)
• Popsicle Sticks
• Sandwich Bag
One Bowl Recipe
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Line standard muffin cups with paper liner.
4.Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, and 1 1/2 cups warm water; whisk to combine.
5.Add eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
6. Scoop into baking cups and bake for 20-25mins
1.Once cooled , Lightly frost tops of cupcakes with thin layer of white frosting
2. Put colored icing into sandwich bag and snip corner to make a homemade piping bag.
3. Start from center and begin to swirl icing into circular pattern.
4. Chill for 20 mins in fridge, then insert Popsicle sticks on the side. Add ribbon tied into a bow .