CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - What do you get when you cross a burrito, meteorologist Ashley Batey, and a South Carolina pepper now recognized as the world's hottest?
Well, you have to watch to see what happens.
Ashley gave it a try on WBTV News Sunday Morning. The recipe follows:
The World's Hottest Burrito
Courtesy: Salsarita's Fresh Cantina
- (1) 12" Flour Tortilla
- 6oz Mexican Rice
- 4oz Black Beans
- 5oz Grilled Chicken
- 1 Teaspoon of Carolina Reaper Pepper Mash or your favorite chopped hot peppers
- 2oz Pueblo Corn Salsa
- 2oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2oz Diced Red Onions
- 2oz Chopped Cilantro
- Heat the tortilla.
- Place the Mexican Rice, Black Beans, and the Grilled Chicken in the center of the tortilla.
- Place the Carolina Reaper Pepper Mash or your favorite chopped hot peppers evenly along the length of the burrito.
- Top the pepper mash with the Pueblo Corn Salsa.
- Place the diced tomatoes, diced red onions, and the chopped cilantro on the burrito. Roll the burrito.
- Enjoy immediately!