Succotash Smoky Shrimp Salad
Yield 4 servings
• 10 oz of cherry tomatoes; halved
• ½ red onion, small thin slices
• 2 ears of fresh sweet corn; cut off the cob
• 2 oz of frozen lima beans, blanched and shocked
• ½ of 1 jalapeno, small diced
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp paprika
• ¼ tsp cumin
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• 1 pound of raw shrimp; peeled and deveined
• ½ fresh orange, juice
• salt and pepper to taste
• ¼ tsp brown sugar
• ½ tsp cumin
• ¼ bunch cilantro
• ½ cup canola oil
• Juice of lime
1. Boil salted water. Add in lima beans and boil until slightly tender. Strain and submerge into ice water, remove and set aside.
2. Boil salted water. Add corn cob. Remove from boiling water, cut corn off the cob.
3. Prepare succotash: cut cherry tomatoes, red onions and jalapeno. Mix with lima beans and sweet corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, garlic powder) all together and apply liberally to raw shrimp, set aside.
5. Prepare vinaigrette: mix together with a wire whisk fresh orange juice, salt and pepper (to taste), ¼ of brown sugar, ½ tsp cumin, fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice. Slowly mix in oil until an emulsified. Adjust seasoning.
6. Pour vinaigrette over succotash allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
7. In a saute pan; heat oil, add shrimp cook until done.
8. Plate your succotash salad and place sautéed shrimp on top.
9. Serve room temperature or cold.