CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Seared Chicken with Fresh Pineapple, Ginger and Mint Salsa
Chef Jack Acheson, The Round Bistro, Gastonia
FRESH PINEAPPLE, GINGER and MINT SALSA
1 Cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients and set aside.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 teaspoon no salt chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Prepared Pineapple salsa.
1. Mix all the spices and herbs in a small bowl.
2. Spray a non-stick pan with pan spray and heat over medium heat.
3. Season each chicken breast with spice mix on shiny side of chicken.
4. Cook chicken seasoned side down for 4 minutes.
5. Turn chicken and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until firm and no pink is in the center of breast. 165 degrees.
6. Remove from heat and serve over rice and top with prepared salsa.