Firefighters: Condo fire started in kitchen cabinet - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Firefighters: Condo fire started in kitchen cabinet

Posted: Updated:
SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) -

A large number of firefighters and emergency workers responded to a fire in a condominium in the Wiltshire Village neighborhood on Thursday morning at around 9:00 am.

Flames and heavy smoke were coming through the roof of a condo on the backside of the complex that is off Larchmont Place.

Firefighters on the scene of the fire said that no one had been injured.  They were busy trying to get the fire out and keep it from spreading to neighboring units.

Investigators say it started in a kitchen cabinet of one of the apartment's and then spread through the attic to three other units.

Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow