100-year-old home gutted by fire in Catawba County - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

100-year-old home gutted by fire in Catawba County

Posted: Updated:
CATAWBA COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -

Investigators say a 100-year-old home in Catawba County was gutted by a fire on Monday.

The fire sparked at the old Wallace family homeplace on Wilson Road.

Investigators say the fire was discovered by a 16-year-old who lives next door.

They say no one was home at time of the fire.

Investigators believe a wood furnace may be the source of the fire but are working to determine the exact cause.

Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow