Two men traveling with stolen passports on a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner were Iranians who had bought tickets to Europe and were probably not terrorists, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.More >>
The missing Boeing 777 jetliner changed course over the sea, crossed Malaysia and reached the Strait of Malacca - hundreds of miles from its last position recorded by civilian authorities, Malaysian military officials said...More >>
Authorities have postponed a scheduled media conference o talk about the investigation into three carbon monoxide deaths last year at a Boone motel due to inclement weather that is slated to hit the area.
Sergeant Shane Robbins of the Boone police department says the news conference, which was slated to be be held Monday afternoon in the Watauga County Courthouse, has been cancelled.
Daryl Dean Jenkins and Shirley Mae Jenkins of Washington state died at the motel on April 16. Several weeks later, 11-year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died in the same room.
All three guests died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officials have blamed a faulty pool heater for sending lethal levels of carbon monoxide into the room.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved./