CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - WBTV News Sunday Morning welcomed Laurie Martin and Anne Steppe from Simplicity, a professional organizing company.
The beginning of a new year is a great time to get organized, so Lauren and Anne showed us how to clear the clutter, starting with our purses.
Simplicity used their "SIMPLE" methodology, detailed below:
The SIMPLE Steps to organizing your purse:
- Define the purpose of your purse: Aesthetics and Function
- Sort the items in your purse into categories.
- Iidentify the categories.
- Map out where everything will go.
- Put it away using zippered pouches to keep items separated by category. (clear, colored, or mesh)
- Label pouches or use color/patterns to identify categories.
- Enjoy knowing what you have. Keep it maintained by cleaning it out once a week.
Potential Categories for Purse Organization:
- Wallet / Money / Coins
- Sunglasses / Glasses
- Ear buds
- Phone charger
- Computer charger
- Car adapter
- Lip stick / Lip gloss / Chap stick
- Hair Clips / Barrettes / Hair Bands
- Fingernail clippers
- Hand Sanitizer
- Sanitary items
- Throat lozenges
- Antiseptic wipes
On The Go
- Lint roller
- Tide pen
- Plasticware packet
- Gum / Mints
- Gift cards
- Business cards
- Measuring tape
- Pens / Highlighter / Pen
- Paper / Post It Notes
- Rubber Bands
For more information: http://simplicity-organizers.com/