Officials: Co leak in home, 4 people taken to hospital - | WBTV Charlotte

Officials: CO leak in home, 4 people taken to hospital

IREDELL COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -

Officials say four people went the hospital Sunday morning in Mooresville suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning symptoms.

The incident happen on West Center Avenue just after 9:00 a.m. according to Mooresville Fire and Rescue.

The four people evacuated the home.

Fire crews say they got a high reading of Carbon Monoxide inside the home.

Officials say the problem was with the furnace.

Iredell EMS took the four people living inside the home to Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.

Mooresville Fire and Rescue says the people living inside the house were alerted to a problem by a Carbon Monoxide detector.

Officials say CO detectors and smoke detectors save lives.

PSNC, a gas company, assisted fire crews with the investigation.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Pregnant mother battles rare eye cancer concentrated in Huntersville area

    Pregnant mother battles rare eye cancer concentrated in Huntersville area

    Wednesday, December 13 2017 12:18 AM EST2017-12-13 05:18:38 GMT
    Courtesy of familyCourtesy of family

    Jessica Bosemiller works at the local YMCA here and her husband is a Charlotte and Cornelius firefighter. The cancer she has is so rare that only about 2,000 people are diagnosed in the United States each year, yet doctors WBTV spoke with Tuesday say there is a concentrated number of cases showing up in this area.

    More >>

    Jessica Bosemiller works at the local YMCA here and her husband is a Charlotte and Cornelius firefighter. The cancer she has is so rare that only about 2,000 people are diagnosed in the United States each year, yet doctors WBTV spoke with Tuesday say there is a concentrated number of cases showing up in this area.

    More >>
  • No injuries reported in Union Co. fire, Red Cross assist homeowner

    No injuries reported in Union Co. fire, Red Cross assist homeowner

    Wednesday, December 13 2017 12:17 AM EST2017-12-13 05:17:50 GMT
    (Jordan Sawyers | WBTV)(Jordan Sawyers | WBTV)

    Wesley Chapel Fire Department battled a residential fire in Union County Tuesday night. Officials say flames were showing upon their arrival. The fire was extinguished within ten minutes, reports stated. No injuries were reported. The Red Cross was called to assist the homeowner. 

    More >>

    Wesley Chapel Fire Department battled a residential fire in Union County Tuesday night. Officials say flames were showing upon their arrival. The fire was extinguished within ten minutes, reports stated. No injuries were reported. The Red Cross was called to assist the homeowner. 

    More >>
  • Dog found with tongue cut out, tied to tree passes away

    Dog found with tongue cut out, tied to tree passes away

    Wednesday, December 13 2017 12:05 AM EST2017-12-13 05:05:52 GMT
    Source: Noah’s Arks RescueSource: Noah’s Arks Rescue

    Briggs, the dog York County police found with his tongue cut off and tied to a tree, passed away Tuesday night.  Noah's Arks Rescue posted an update on Briggs stating he had become septic and was unable to keep down any food or water from the previous day.  

    More >>

    Briggs, the dog York County police found with his tongue cut off and tied to a tree, passed away Tuesday night.  Noah's Arks Rescue posted an update on Briggs stating he had become septic and was unable to keep down any food or water from the previous day.  

    More >>
Powered by Frankly