Home destroyed by fire; firefighter saves pet rabbit - | WBTV Charlotte

Home destroyed by fire; firefighter saves pet rabbit


A home at 825 Wetmore Road was destroyed by fire early Sunday morning, but a beloved family pet was saved.

The Cleveland Chronicle picks up the story from there: "West Rowan Vet/Volunteer Fireman Jay Moore went back into the Taylor residence on Wetmore Road in Woodleaf once the fire that destroyed their home was out and found the family's pet rabbit - still alive under a destroyed mattress in one of the bedrooms.

The house caught fire around 9 am Sunday morning Nov. 24th.

The fifth grader who is the owner of the rabbit was ecstatic when she found out he was alive. The appeared to be a total loss. The Red Cross was on the scene before noon to start helping.

Please contact Elizabeth Hanford Dole Red Cross in Salisbury at 704-633-3854 to see how you can help.

There were several fire departments and helping organizations on the scene.

Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers during this Thanksgiving season and reach out to them any way you can."

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly