Chimney fire displaces Nashville family of 4 - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Chimney fire displaces Nashville family of 4

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

A chimney fire forced a Nashville family of four from their home Sunday afternoon.

It happened in the 500 block of Michele Drive.

Four people were home when the fire broke out. No one was injured.

Fire officials say it started in the chimney.

They say chimney fires can be common in colder months but can be prevented.

"Just get yearly chimney cleanings before the burn season starts," advised Nashville Fire Department Capt. George Owen Jr. "Make sure you have a certified chimney sweep come out and check out your chimneys and clean them."

Officials say the home isn't a total loss but is currently uninhabitable.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow