Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >>
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >>
Information provided by Memphis Division of Fire Services.
1. Keep space heaters three feet away from combustible materials.
2. Don't overload electrical outlets.
3. Avoid using too many extension cords.
4. Have fireplaces, chimneys, and wood burning inserts inspected by licensed technician to insure proper installation, adequate clearance, and to insure that chimney's are free of debris and creosote buildup.
5. Never leave fireplaces, space heaters, and candles unattended.
6. Kerosene heaters should be refueled outdoors.
7. Carbon monoxide is considered a silent killer and is often presented when equipment is improperly vented.
8. Never use kitchen stoves as a source of heat.
9. Do not use portable generators in the home, garage, carport, sheds, or partially enclosed spaces.
10. Maintain a working smoke detector in your place of residence.