Mecklenburg County Courthouse reopens after boiler malfunction - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Mecklenburg County Courthouse reopens after boiler malfunction

Posted: Updated:
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

The Mecklenburg County Courthouse was evacuated just before 8 a.m. Wednesday after reports of a natural gas leak/carbon monoxide in the building.

Officials said a boiler malfunctioned at the courthouse, causing elevated carbon dioxide levels inside the building. Charlotte firefighters evacuated the building and the boiler was shut down so the air could clear.

A spokesman said the courthouse will be open as scheduled Wednesday.

Jurors are asked to report as scheduled.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow