Jack Acheson with The Round Bistro in Gastonia came into our studios to give us a delicious and healthy Back to School breakfast recipe.
Serving size: 2 slices of toast and 3 banana slices
4 slices Sour Dough Bread
4 Farm-fresh eggs (brown or white)
1 cup skim milk
3 table spoons "Local" honey
2 tablespoons mango jam (any jam will do)
dash of powder sugar
1 banana (cut into 6 slices)
Whip cream(if desired)
1. Turn griddle on and set to 350 degrees.
2. Set slices of sour dough out over night at room temperature.
3. Crack eggs into mixing bowl and whisk vigorously.
4. Add honey and mix well with eggs.
5. Whisk in milk to egg/honey mixture.
6. Soak each slice of bread for 30 seconds in mixture then place on griddle.
7. Cook each slice of bread on each side for 1-2 minutes until bread browns evenly.