Two people hurt in South Charlotte fire - | WBTV Charlotte

Two people hurt in South Charlotte fire

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

Two people were hospitalized after a fire spread from a lawn mover to a shed and house in South Charlotte.

Firefighters tell WBTV a homeowner on Whitehurst Road was pulling his lawnmower out of the shed around 7:30 Saturday night, when he noticed it was on fire.

A neighbor says the homeowner tried to put out the fire himself but was unsuccessful. That's when he called 9-1-1.

The homeowner was rushed to the hospital with second-degree burns. Another person was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The Red Cross is providing the family of four who live on the property with temporary housing while repairs are made.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly