Glendale firefighters were able to rescue two dogs trapped in a home with bars on the windows that caught fire Friday morning.
Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department said the fire is believed to have started in the center of the home, and that bars on the windows made it difficult for firefighters to get into the home.
Young said a passer-by saw smoke and flames coming from the home near 71st and Glendale avenues and called 911.
No cause had been determined.
No other information was immediately available.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
While most crooks who rob pharmacies look for oxycontin and other opioids, this man seemed to take whatever he could.More >>
One lawmaker is suggesting setting aside $5 million for communities to buy back assault style weapons.More >>
According to the Matthews Police Department, the skimmer was found on an ATM at First Citizens Bank in the 1300 block of Matthews Township Parkway.More >>
According to the Matthews Police Department, the theft took place at the AT&T store in the 1900 block of Matthews Township Parkway.More >>
CMPD usually has about 1,700 officers on hand for CIAA week, but they believe more manpower will be needed because of the added hundreds of invited guests coming to Graham's funeral.More >>