Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 6:04 PM EDT2013-05-23 22:04:19 GMT
You'd never get her to admit it, but Nurse Nancy has done something big; something huge. It started as a simple idea after two major national tragedies hit back to back, the Boston Marathon bombing andMore >>
You'd never get her to admit it, but Nurse Nancy has done something big; something huge.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 9:40 PM EDT2013-05-24 01:40:36 GMT
A Columbia woman has been arrested after a child in her care died over the weekend.Margie Hamm, 34, was arrested and charged with homicide by child abuse, according to the Columbia Police Department.PoliceMore >>
A Columbia woman has been arrested after a child in her care died over the weekend.More >>
Savannah Nash celebrated her 16th birthday last week. She died Thursday when her car slammed into a semi while she was texting during her first time driving by herself.More >>
LIBERTY EYLAU, TX (KSLA) -
Authorities believe a homeowner's response to finding a snake in her yard may have led to the fire that destroyed her house Wednesday.
The fire sparked at a home on Will Smith Road in the Liberty Eylau area of Bowie County, TX just before 7 p.m.
"While cleaning up, she saw snake, threw gasoline on the snake, lit the snake on fire," said Deputy Randall Baggett with the Bowie County Sheriff's Office. "The snake went into the brush pile and the brush pile caught the home on fire."
Despite the efforts of several fire departments that responded to the scene, the flames completely engulfed the home. It is a complete loss. A neighboring home was also damaged on one side.
Liberty Eylau Fire Chief David Wesslehoft says they are still investigating the fire, but that it's not unusual for a burning animal to spread a fire.
"Yes, it could happen with rabbits and big field mice. Once they start burning the grass, they get out of their hole, they have been known to catch fire and then take off."
Still, the chief says, a fire started by a burning snake is a first for him.
There has been no word from officials on whether charges will be filed.