Investigators: Fire started from food on stove, no one home - | WBTV Charlotte

Investigators: Fire started from food on stove, no one home

Photos courtesy Gastonia Fire Department Photos courtesy Gastonia Fire Department
Photos courtesy Gastonia Fire Department Photos courtesy Gastonia Fire Department
Photos courtesy Gastonia Fire Department Photos courtesy Gastonia Fire Department

Smoke and heat damaged a home in Gaston County late Tuesday afternoon.

The Gastonia Fire Department responded to the home on Fairview Drive after a neighbor saw the windows black with soot and called 911.

Investigators say the two people who lived in the home were not there at the time, but they left food on the stove.

The fire was almost out due to lack of oxygen by the time firefighters arrived.

Officials say the damage was mostly smoke and heat-related. The damage is estimated at $7,000.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly