Child burned in early morning house fire, firefighters say - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Child critically burned from lava lamp fire that engulfs home, firefighters say

Posted: Updated:
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

A child was critically burned in a house fire Tuesday morning after a fire started from a lava lamp.

Firefighters in Lenoir say a mother woke up and saw a wall of fire inside her home. She was able to get her three children out of the house.

Investigators say combustible materials were just too close to the lava lamp.

The home is on Glendale Street.

One of the children was critically burned and taken to the hospital.

A dog was given CPR by a firefighter.

The American Red Cross is helping the family find temporary shelter.

The child was taken to a hospital in Winston-Salem for treatment.

The two other children suffered from smoke inhalation but are expected to be OK.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow