Friday, May 17 2013 7:16 PM EDT2013-05-17 23:16:53 GMT
One person has died in a crash near Harrisonville, MO, Thursday evening. The crash happened on Missouri Highway 7 and Walker Road. It involved a car and a tractor-trailer. Harrisonville is in Cass County.More >>
Savannah Nash celebrated her 16th birthday last week. She died Thursday when her car slammed into a semi while she was texting during her first time driving by herself.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 11:19 PM EDT2013-05-19 03:19:44 GMT
The Charlotte Bobcats are in the process of changing their name to "Hornets," a source with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com's Will Brinson, including arranging digital assets that wouldMore >>
The Charlotte Bobcats are in the process of changing their name to "Hornets," a source with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com's Will Brinson, including arranging digital assets that would allow a return to their original nickname.More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 7:59 AM EDT2013-05-19 11:59:01 GMT
Health officials are worried cases from a salmonella outbreak traced to a Fayetteville hotel may have spread nationwide. Officials say that 51 people who ate at the Holiday Inn Bordeaux's banquet facilitiesMore >>
Health officials are worried cases from a salmonella outbreak traced to a Fayetteville hotel may have spread nationwide.More >>
The Caldwell County Fire Marshal's office says a smoke detector prevented a worse disaster from occurring during a house fire in the Oak Hill Community in Caldwell County Wednesday morning.
Kevin Brown, Caldwell County Deputy Fire Marshal, says the fire was reported at the wooden farmhouse, owned by Monica Hollar, on the 5400 block of Sheriff's Road in Lenoir, at 3:20 a.m., according to a news release from the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office.
Brown says that Hollar told him that the smoke detector woke her up and she found flames coming from the wall around her wood stove which was in the dining room.
Hollar reportedly attempted to put out the fire herself with a fire extinguisher, but couldn't. She then got her four-year-old and two-year-old son and daughter out of the house and called 911. Brown says all three members of the family are being treated for smoke inhalation.
Brown says the fire started in the pipe coming from the wood stove and flames spread into the walls of the house, which was completed destroyed. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
Responding to the fire in addition to the Caldwell County Fire Marshal's office was Little River Fire Department, Valmead Fire Department, Sawmills Fire Department with Hudson and Grace Chapel Fire Departments on standby.