CEDAR PLANK ROASTED SALMON - Seasons 52
• Select premium salmon filets—preferably wild or organic
• Cedar planks – available at gourmet grocery stores
• Soak cedar planks overnight in water
Ingredients for Marinade:
4 fresh salmon filets (6 to 8 ounces per piece, boneless, skinless)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon malt vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (plus some for planks)
Combine ingredients above and lemon zest in a small glass dish
Coat salmon filets with marinade and allow to marinate for one hour
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
• Pre-heat oven to 475°F.
• Remove cedar planks from soaking water. Rub cedar planks with extra virgin olive oil. Place salmon filets on cedar planks and season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Roast salmon 8-10 minutes (depending on size of filets). Serve with lemon and your favorite side dishes.
Citrus Quinoa & Tabbouleh Salad
1 cup bulgur wheat
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 lime, zest and juice
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 orange, zest and juice
6 ounces water
5 drops Chipotle Tabasco
12 orange segments, cut in 4
¼ cup sun-dried cranberries, reconstituted
¼ cup English cucumber, diced small
¼ cup tomato, diced small
¼ cup pistachio nuts, toasted
½ cup mint leaves, chopped
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 cup cooked quinoa
For the Cracked Wheat:
• Wash and zest lime, lemon, and orange. Squeeze juice and reserve.
• Place the bulgur wheat in a flat glass baking dish. Combine olive oil, ginger, salt, and citrus zest. Mix with the wheat. Combine citrus juice, water and Tabasco. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Pour liquids over wheat, set aside covered for 1 hour.
For the Quinoa:
• Place ½ cup quinoa in 1 cup water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil; then simmer until water is absorbed. Grain will be soft, semi translucent and have a ring around the edge.
You can cook quinoa in a microwave; use same 2-1 ratio and microwave covered on high for 8 minutes; let stand covered for 12-15 minutes.
For the Salad:
• Place wheat and quinoa in a bowl, add all other ingredients and toss lightly. Refrigerate until needed.
• The garnishes you add can change depending on what you like or what type of salad you're serving.
• Fold the grains in with organic lettuce to put a unique spin on salad