Sunday, May 19 2013 9:54 PM EDT2013-05-20 01:54:38 GMT
Nearly three-dozen people will needed to be tested after a former high school student in Charlotte tested positive for Tuberculosis (TB). According to Charlotte-Mecklenburg school officials, a formerMore >>
Nearly three-dozen people will needed to be tested after a former high school student in Charlotte tested positive for Tuberculosis (TB).More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 7:16 PM EDT2013-05-17 23:16:53 GMT
One person has died in a crash near Harrisonville, MO, Thursday evening. The crash happened on Missouri Highway 7 and Walker Road. It involved a car and a tractor-trailer. Harrisonville is in Cass County.More >>
Savannah Nash celebrated her 16th birthday last week. She died Thursday when her car slammed into a semi while she was texting during her first time driving by herself.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 11:19 PM EDT2013-05-19 03:19:44 GMT
The Charlotte Bobcats are in the process of changing their name to "Hornets," a source with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com's Will Brinson, including arranging digital assets that wouldMore >>
The Charlotte Bobcats are in the process of changing their name to "Hornets," a source with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com's Will Brinson, including arranging digital assets that would allow a return to their original nickname.More >>
Investigators say a Cleveland County man was killed on Monday during an explosion at a welding shop.
According to investigators the explosion happened at the Sheppard Welding before 10:30 a.m. Monday morning. The plant is located along Bethlehem Road in southern Cleveland County.
According to family members, 69-year-old Gerald "Randy" Sheppard was killed in the explosion. He has reportedly owned the welding shop since the 1970s.
Investigators told WBTV that Sheppard was welding on a fuel tank that had a cap on.
The tank had just been dropped off by a customer, who stepped outside to make a phone call.
That's when investigators say pressure built up and the tank exploded. The customer was not injured in the explosion.
Sheppard's daughters told WBTV he was always very careful.
"I never thought that would happen, he was always an avid fisherman so we worried about him when he went out on the lake fishing and all that but this totally shocked me," said Sheppard's daughter, Sandy Surver.
"He was a great father, great grandfather, we knew he was there if we needed him for anything," said Sharon White.
Neighbors told WBTV that they heard a loud boom and then saw smoke coming from the shop when they came outside.
The Bethlehem Volunteer Fire Department was the first set of emergency responders on scene. The incident will be investigated by the Cleveland County Fire Marshal.
Sheriff: Calif. burglar was using sauna Teen fatally hits wheelchair-bound woman crossing street Man killed in explosion at welding shop Face of Jesus can be seen on tree Pastor pleads guilty to molestingMore>>