Family safe, pets perish in Avondale house fire - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Family safe, pets perish in Avondale house fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: CBS 5 News) Avondale firefighters said a malfunctioning clothes dryer started the fire that spread into the attic. (Source: CBS 5 News) Avondale firefighters said a malfunctioning clothes dryer started the fire that spread into the attic.
(Source: CBS 5 News) Two birds and a cat died from smoke inhalation. (Source: CBS 5 News) Two birds and a cat died from smoke inhalation.
AVONDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

An Avondale family was able to escape unharmed from a house fire that claimed the lives of the family pets early Friday morning.

Avondale firefighters said a malfunctioning clothes dryer started the fire that spread into the attic. Extensive damage was done to the interior of the house, a firefighter told CBS 5 News.

The mother, father and one child were inside but got out safely. Two birds and a cat died from smoke inhalation, according to firefighters.

No other information was immediately available.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow