Mom trips over son; pair burned by hot grease - | WBTV Charlotte

Mom trips over son; pair burned by hot grease

Hot grease spills on mom and her 3-year-old son. (Source: Mesa Fire Department) Hot grease spills on mom and her 3-year-old son. (Source: Mesa Fire Department)
The pair suffered burns. (Source: Mesa Fire Department) The pair suffered burns. (Source: Mesa Fire Department)
The woman had been carrying a pot of hot grease outside and stumbled over her son. (Source: Mesa Fire Department) The woman had been carrying a pot of hot grease outside and stumbled over her son. (Source: Mesa Fire Department)
MESA, AZ (CBS5) -

A Mesa mom and her 3-year-old son suffered burns after she tripped and the pot of hot grease she was carrying spilled on them both.

The pair, who were not identified, suffered second and third-degree burns and were rushed to the Maricopa County Burn center.

The woman had taken the pot off the stove after she noticed a small fire erupting in the grease.

As she was carrying the pot outside, she tripped over the child. The hot grease, no longer on fire, splashed on both of them.

A fire crew stayed on scene near Gilbert and Broadway to disperse absorbent on the family's slippery entrance way.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Mint Hill neighbors say fire hydrants needed after massive blaze

    Mint Hill neighbors say fire hydrants needed after massive blaze

    Saturday, March 25 2017 11:43 PM EDT2017-03-26 03:43:02 GMT
    (Christian Flores | WBTV)(Christian Flores | WBTV)

    After a Mint Hill family is now without a home after a massive fire Friday night, neighbors said the damage to the home could have been minimized, if one of their long-time concerns had been addressed. Neighbors told WBTV there are no fire hydrants in their neighborhood. The fire happened around 8 Friday night, at a home on Saffir Court. According to fire officials at the scene, the closest fire hydrant was almost a mile away. "We watched them set up the portab...

    More >>

    After a Mint Hill family is now without a home after a massive fire Friday night, neighbors said the damage to the home could have been minimized, if one of their long-time concerns had been addressed. Neighbors told WBTV there are no fire hydrants in their neighborhood. The fire happened around 8 Friday night, at a home on Saffir Court. According to fire officials at the scene, the closest fire hydrant was almost a mile away. "We watched them set up the portab...

    More >>
  • Two people killed in crash on I-77 SB in Chester County

    Two people killed in crash on I-77 SB in Chester County

    Saturday, March 25 2017 5:50 PM EDT2017-03-25 21:50:45 GMT
    (Jordan Sawyers | WBTV)(Jordan Sawyers | WBTV)

    The wreck happened on I-77 southbound at mile marker 68.

    More >>

    The wreck happened on I-77 southbound at mile marker 68.

    More >>
  • Molly's Kids: 15-year-old now living with pediatric MS

    Molly's Kids: 15-year-old now living with pediatric MS

    Saturday, March 25 2017 6:49 PM EDT2017-03-25 22:49:09 GMT

    Sarah is a sophomore who makes straight A’s at McDowell Early College. She is from the small town of Dysartsville and was diagnosed with pediatric multiple sclerosis in July of last year.

    More >>

    Sarah is a sophomore who makes straight A’s at McDowell Early College. She is from the small town of Dysartsville and was diagnosed with pediatric multiple sclerosis in July of last year.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly