Saturday, March 8 2014 9:36 AM EST2014-03-08 14:36:46 GMT
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating what led up to a shooting on North Sharon Amity Road and Central Avenue. Police say the shooting happened in the middle of the road, and they believe a carMore >>
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating what led up to a shooting on North Sharon Amity Road and Central Avenue. Police say the shooting happened in the middle of the road, and they believe a car was involved.More >>
Wednesday, March 5 2014 11:37 PM EST2014-03-06 04:37:30 GMT
A Fort Mill mom wants to send a message to parents after she caught her 15-year-old daughter having sex with a man who she met on a popular social media site. The man claimed to be a teenager. The motherMore >>
A Fort Mill mom wants to send a message to parents after she caught her 15-year-old daughter having sex with a man who she met on a popular social media site.More >>
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBTV, LLC, One Julian Price Place, Charlotte, NC 28208; and Feld Entertainment, Worldwide Headquarters,8607 Westwood Center Drive, Vienna, VA 22182 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 12:00A Saturday, January 12, 2013 and ends at 12:00A Sunday, January 27, 2013. Entries must be received by 12:00A Sunday, January 27, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Alexander, Anson, Ashe, Avery, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Richmond, Rowan, Stanley, Union, Watauga Counties in North Carolina; and, Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, York Counties in South Carolina who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBTV, Inc, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per email address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00A Saturday, January 12, 2013, individuals can log on to www.wbtv.com and complete the online entry form and submit their City of Charlotte Skyline Photo. The entrant must own all rights in and to the picture and has the right to submit it in connection with this promotion. The Sponsor(s) shall have an irrevocable license to broadcast or display the pictures on TV and/or the internet in connection with this promotion and/or any other promotional purposes. Entries must be received by 12:00A Sunday, January 27, 2013 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBTV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBTV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBTV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). Five (5) family four-packs of tickets to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Circus, Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC; Thursday, January 31, 2013; 7:00PM. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Winner(s) will be notified by email on Monday, January 28, 2013. Value $100.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Five (5) prizes will be awarded as follows: winners will be chosen by the Sponsor(s) based on a variety of subjective criteria that include originality, creativity, popularity (views and viewer ratings), photo quality and overall presentation of the imagery.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within thirty (30) days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:30P or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBTV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WBTV if WBTV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBTV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBTV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBTV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Donna Lepre, WBTV, One Julian Price Place, Charlotte, NC 28208 or visit the website at www.wbtv.com between February 1 and February 28, 2013.