14-year-old among two people shot in east Charlotte Tuesday - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

14-year-old among two people shot, ruled accidental, police say

Posted: Updated:
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

Detectives with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department ADW Unit said Wednesday that a Tuesday night shooting is believed to have been an accident.

Police received a call around 10:20 p.m. Tuesday night of multiple shooting at a house off of Larchmont Avenue near The Plaza.

A man walked to the victims who were standing outside, and shot both of them, officers told WBTV late Tuesday night.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said they found two males, a 20 year old and a 14 year old who had been shot one time each in the stomach.

Both were rushed to the hospital, originally listed with life-threatening injuries, but were later upgraded to serious condition.

The police helicopter as well as canine units scoured the area, but were unable to locate a suspect.

Investigators spent hours on the scene taking photographs and talking to witnesses trying to get a lead on why this happened.

Wednesday, detectives said that based on evidence at the scene, they believe the shooting to be an accident, and are no longer looking for a suspect.

If you have information that could help police, you're asked to call the Crime Stopper hotline at (704) 334-1600.

Copyright 2013 WBTV.  All Rights Reserved.

Powered by WorldNow