Fire ravages auction house in downtown Chester - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Fire ravages auction house in downtown Chester

Posted: Updated:
CHESTER, SC (WBTV) -

An auction building caught fire in downtown Chester Monday evening.

Fire units responded to Cox Auction located at 153 Gadsden Street around 8 p.m. to find flames coming from the building, according to WBTV news partner CN2.

An auction was in progress at the time of the fire but everyone was able to get out of the building safely.

The cause of the fire was ruled to be an overheated light fixture.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow