Man dies in Anson Co. house fire, space heater suspected - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Man dies in Anson Co. house fire, space heater suspected

Posted: Updated:
WADESBORO, NC (WBTV) -

The Anson County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal house fire in Morven. 

Deputies and the Morven Fire Department responded to a house fire at 1:16 a.m.

The house was fully engulfed in flames when responders arrived at the scene at 6425 Robinson Bridge Rd, according to a news release. 

When the flames were extinguished firemen found the body of James McCray, 72, near the back door of his residence. 

McCray lived alone and had limited mobility. 

Investigators at the scene believe the fire started in McCray's bedroom where at least one space heater was located. 

Investigators will await the results of the autopsy and other analysis before making a final determination as to the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow