One dead in Lancaster Co. house fire - | WBTV Charlotte

Fatal Lancaster Co. fire started in kitchen, ruled accidental


One person died in a house fire Dec. 21 in Lancaster County.

At 12:08 p.m. Lancaster County Volunteer Fire Services and Lancaster County Deputies were dispatched to 889 Potter Rd. Lancaster, according to a news release from the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office. 

Upon arrival a fully involved house fire was found.  Fire Services extinguished the blaze and the home was found to be a total loss. 

While working to extinguish the fire, firemen found the body of a deceased person inside the home. 

Ernest J. Robinson, 64, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Sheriff's Office investigators and Crime Scene personnel took over the scene and began a detailed investigation. 

Robinson died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the autopsy.

Investigators determined that the fire started in the kitchen near the stove.

Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly