Tuesday morning house fire traced to electrical issue, 3 pets de - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Tuesday morning house fire traced to electrical issue, 3 pets dead

Posted: Updated:
HICKORY, NC (WBTV) -

At 8:28 a.m. Tuesday, Hickory firefighters responded to a reported fire located at 219 9th Ave SE.  

Firefighters responded with three engines, one ladder, a rescue unit and a command vehicle to the incident.   On arrival at 8:34, firefighters reported smoke coming from the structure.  Firefighters worked to contain the fire and check to make sure no one was inside the house.   

The cause of the fire was accidental and determined to be electrical related.  Two dogs and one cat died in the fire but no other injuries were reported.  A damage estimate has not been compiled; however, the entire home suffered heat and smoke damage. 

Personnel from Catawba County EMS and Hickory Police Department also responded to the scene for assistance and stand-by.  

Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas were summoned to the scene to disconnect the utilities for safety.  The Catawba Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross will be assisting the family.

Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow