Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 9:40 PM EDT2013-05-24 01:40:36 GMT
A Columbia woman has been arrested after a child in her care died over the weekend.Margie Hamm, 34, was arrested and charged with homicide by child abuse, according to the Columbia Police Department.PoliceMore >>
A Columbia woman has been arrested after a child in her care died over the weekend.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 6:04 PM EDT2013-05-23 22:04:19 GMT
You'd never get her to admit it, but Nurse Nancy has done something big; something huge. It started as a simple idea after two major national tragedies hit back to back, the Boston Marathon bombing andMore >>
You'd never get her to admit it, but Nurse Nancy has done something big; something huge.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 11:37 AM EDT2013-05-24 15:37:58 GMT
Police in Salisbury are investigating after they say a man confessed to fatally stabbing his girlfriend and using her blood to draw a heart on a building. According to police, the unidentified man toldMore >>
Police in Salisbury are investigating after they say a man confessed to fatally stabbing his girlfriend and using her blood to draw a heart on a building.More >>
Savannah Nash celebrated her 16th birthday last week. She died Thursday when her car slammed into a semi while she was texting during her first time driving by herself.More >>
HICKORY, NC (WBTV) -
At 8:28 a.m. Tuesday, Hickory firefighters responded to a reported fire located at 219 9th Ave SE.
Firefighters responded with three engines, one ladder, a rescue unit and a command vehicle to the incident. On arrival at 8:34, firefighters reported smoke coming from the structure. Firefighters worked to contain the fire and check to make sure no one was inside the house.
The cause of the fire was accidental and determined to be electrical related. Two dogs and one cat died in the fire but no other injuries were reported. A damage estimate has not been compiled; however, the entire home suffered heat and smoke damage.
Personnel from Catawba County EMS and Hickory Police Department also responded to the scene for assistance and stand-by.
Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas were summoned to the scene to disconnect the utilities for safety. The Catawba Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross will be assisting the family.