Kitchen fire ruins holiday dinner for one family - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Kitchen fire ruins holiday dinner for one family

Posted: Updated:

A Charlotte family is missing a home cooked holiday dinner this Thanksgiving after flames ripped through their kitchen Thursday.

Firefighters were called to the home on Centerline Drive in southwest Charlotte at about 3:30 p.m.

Witnesses told WBTV News that the fire started in their oven, after the run over from a ham they were baking caught on fire.

The witnesses attempted to put out the flames themselves however; the fire flashed and caused more damage to the kitchen.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames shortly after they arrived. No one was hurt.

Powered by WorldNow