Crews fighting massive house fire in Ballantyne - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Fire caused by electrical problem in Ballantyne home, family displaced

Posted: Updated:
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

Fire investigators say flames sparked in a Ballatyne home due to an electrical problem. 

Tuesday's fire was reported just before 1:30 p.m. at the home along the 9400 block of Olivia Lane. The home is in the Ellington Park neighborhood off of Blakeney Heath Road in Ballantyne.

The fire required 27 firefighters  and 42 minutes to bring under control.

Video from Sky3 showed flames and heavy black smoke shooting out of the roof of the home.

WBTV's Kristen Hampton talked to a neighbor who noticed the home was on fire and ran inside to tell the family, who had no idea their home was burning.

No one was hurt, but the fire caused about $150,000 in damage. The Red Cross is helping the family.

Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow