The Washington State Patrol says the Interstate 5 bridge over the Skagit River at Mount Vernon has collapsed, dumping vehicles and people into the water.More >>
An Interstate 5 bridge over a river collapsed north of Seattle Thursday evening, dumping two vehicles into the water and sparking a rescue effort by boats and divers as three injured people were pulled from the chilly...More >>
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 6:00 PM EDT2013-05-23 22:00:48 GMT
Two more private-equity firms have surfaced as possible suitors for Harris Teeter Supermarkets Inc., according to The Wall Street Journal. Cerberus Capital Management LP is considering a number ofMore >>
Two more private-equity firms have surfaced as possible suitors for Harris Teeter Supermarkets Inc., according to The Wall Street Journal.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 12:08 AM EDT2013-05-24 04:08:00 GMT
Police in Salisbury are investigating after they say a man confessed to fatally stabbing his girlfriend and using her blood to draw a heart on a building. According to police, the unidentified man toldMore >>
Police in Salisbury are investigating after they say a man confessed to fatally stabbing his girlfriend and using her blood to draw a heart on a building.More >>
CLEVELAND COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - Two more cases of e. coli have been reported to health officials in Cleveland County, bringing the total number of cases in the area to at least three.
Two children, ages three and eleven, were treated and released in Cleveland County after being diagnosed with the bacteria, according to the Cleveland County Health Dept.
Monday, WBTV reported a 12-year-old boy from Gaston County was hospitalized with e. coli and shigella. All three children attended the Cleveland County Fair last week.
At last check, the Gaston County boy was in the intensive care unit at Levine Children's Hospital with e. coli and shigella bacteria. His family told WBTV doctors suspect he could have been sickened after visiting the Cleveland County Fair last week.
The 12-year-old's mother does not want his name publicized at this time but wants to spread the word about the importance of hand washing. People can get e. coli by coming in contact with animal feces and then getting it in their mouths. E. coli can also spread through food that's not prepared properly or thoroughly cooked.
The boy visited the Cleveland County Fair with his family on Sunday, Sept. 30. He ate two corn dogs and visited the petting zoo. He felt ill the next day and his condition grew worse over the next week. As of Monday night, he was in the ICU at Levine. Doctors were keeping him sedated and had concerns over his kidney function.
The Cleveland County Health Dept. is investigating to see if there is a common connection among the three children who visited the fair. It's still uncertain where exactly they picked up the e. coli bacteria.
Deputy fired after charged with trading drugs for sexual favors Tuesday marks 1 week since Charlotte man disappeared in Boston SLIDESHOW: 17,000 show up for 2012 Race for the Cure Rocks propelled byMore>>