Family of ten without a home after weekend fire - | WBTV Charlotte

Family of ten without a home after weekend fire

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A family with ten people has lost their home after a fire broke out in west Charlotte.

According to emergency crews, the fire broke out at an apartment along the 2400 block of Tuckaseegee Road on Sunday morning.

Charlotte Fire Captain Mark Basnight told WBTV the electrical fire sparked  on Sunday and began in a wall in the home's stairwell.

Volunteers from the American Red Cross say the entire family has been displaced from the fire.

The Red Cross says it will be working with the family, providing assistance for food, shelter, clothing and other immediate needs on an as-needed basis.

Powered by Frankly