Two men traveling with stolen passports on a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner were Iranians who had bought tickets to Europe and were probably not terrorists, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.More >>
More than four days after a Malaysian jetliner went missing on route to Beijing, authorities acknowledged Wednesday they didn't know in which direction the plane and its 239 passengers was heading when it disappeared,...More >>
"Our whole second story is covered in black soot," said Stephen Vorwerk. "We have no clothes, no mattress, no pillows, no bed sheets, nothing. It's all gone just from leaving a computer plugged in and charging."
Around 2 a.m. Sunday, Vorwerk's house that he rents with his brother and a few other roommates caught fire.
He said the fire started because his brother left his laptop charging on his bed overnight. He said no one was home when the fire started in their Bonham Avenue house.
He said the smoke spread across the hall to his bedroom and destroyed $3,000 in computer equipment. It also destroyed some of his brother's military awards. Now, he wants to warn others not to make their mistake.
"If you leave something plugged in and charging, don't put it on anything that's flammable. Put it on a flat, wooden surface that's not going to heat up and start a fire," he said.