Explosion in garage causes house fire in Concord - | WBTV Charlotte

Explosion in garage causes house fire in Concord

CONCORD, NC (WBTV) - A fire destroyed a couple's home in Concord Monday morning.

The fire was at 2889 Island Point Drive and a neighbor reported the fire at 9:45 a.m.

The fire was upgraded to a two-alarm fire based on reports of explosions in the garage area of the home.

Dozens of firefighters responded to the scene and they had the fire under control by 10:22 a.m.

A spokesman for Concord Department of Fire and Life Safety said the house was a total loss and that both the adjacent homes also sustained damaged to the vinyl siding.

No one was injured.

The American Red Cross of Cabarrus County is assisting the couple who lived in the home with temporary housing needs.

Officials think the fire originated in the garage.

Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly