CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Ayla Zimanek from Johnson & Wales University demonstrates how to make Chocolate Truffles. Please find the recipe below:
Chocolate Truffles (Yields 30 - 35 truffles)
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder, finely chopped nuts, confectioners' sugar and/or toasted coconut, for coating truffles
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Place the 10 ounces of chocolate and butter in a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water to create a double boiler. Continue to scrap the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour the heavy cream and corn syrup into the bowl and mix until combined. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Using a melon baller, scoop chocolate onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and shape into balls.
- Place the cocoa powder, nuts, and/or toasted coconut each in its bowl and set aside.
- Roll the balls into the various coatings in accordance to what you like.
- Place the truffles on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
10. Allow to set in a cool dry place for at least 1 hour; or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.