CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Metrolina's Fall Classic is one of the largest antique shows on the east coast, and it is coming to Charlotte this weekend. Merrin Lowe was one of the first to check it out.
"It's all over the board, and you never know what you're going to run into here," said Lowe.
This weekend the 100-acre property will be jam-packed with vendors from all over the world.
"Belgium, Germany, we have folks coming in from England." Event Director, Alison Ruggles showed me around the tent covered grounds. "It's not just antiques. We have everything from lawn furniture, chachkie- type things, things that you had as a child you'd like to have again."
This weekend there will be more than 1,000 vendors, that's twice the normal size.
"We have items from a dollar to a 100,000 dollars; everything from recycled items to beautiful antiques," said Ruggles.
"Just relax, and look at everything, and have fun, because it's a great place to be, and it should be a pretty weekend," said Lowe.
START: 1 Julian Price Pl, Charlotte, NC 28208-5211 US
1. Start out going NORTH on JULIAN PRICE PL toward W MOREHEAD ST/US-29. (go 0.0 miles)
2. Turn RIGHT onto W MOREHEAD ST/US-29. (go 0.8 miles)
3. Merge onto I-77 N/US-21 N via the ramp on the LEFT toward STATESVILLE. (go 5.7 miles)
4. Merge onto US-21 N via EXIT 16A toward NC-115. (go 0.8 miles)
5. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto STATESVILLE RD. (go 0.6 miles)
6. 7100 STATESVILLE RD is on the RIGHT. (go 0.0 miles)
END: 7100 Statesville Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269-2311 US
TOTAL ESTIMATED TIME: 11 minutes | DISTANCE: 7.88 miles