Presented by Johnson & Wales University Student Malcolm McMillian
28 oz Crushed tomatoes, canned
3 Tablespoons Chopped Basil, Fresh
½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic, Fresh
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
15 oz Ricotta Cheese
¾ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Loaf Italian Whole loaf
To Taste Salt and Pepper
METHOD OF PREPERATION
- 1. Slice 1 inch slices from the Italian loaf and Toast until outside is crispy, reserve for later.
* The bread is sliced and toasted first for extra crispiness.
- Drain Tomatoes and combine in a bowl with the next 6 ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste and reserve for later
- Whip heavy cream until it has doubled in volume.
* Keep in mind that you do not want stiff whipped cream for this
- Combine the semi-whipped cream, ricotta and parmesan cheese in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and reserve for later.
- On a piece of the pre-toasted bread, smear on a layer of the ricotta mixture then add a layer of the tomato mixture.