Presented by Johnson & Wales University's DeKendra Jones
½ cup fresh basil
Sprigs of cilantro and parsley, about 5 of each
2 roasted garlic cloves
1 tbsp toasted walnuts
¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
½ cup olive oil
Juice and zest of ½ lime
Salt and pepper
Method of Preparation
- Roughly chop and place the herbs into a mortar and pestle and grind until a paste forms.
- Add the garlic with the herbs and grind incorporating evenly.
- Add the toasted walnuts into the mixture and grind.
- Transfer the mixture into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice, zest, and cheese and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the bowl and whisk into the mixture incorporating the oil evenly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toasting the walnuts: Toast in a dry sauté pan over medium heat until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Roasting the garlic: Cut the whole bulb in half, drizzle top with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, wrap in foil and place into a 400degree oven for 20-25 minutes.